Access to experienced neurologists is possible with telemedicine.
Access TeleCare’s teleNeurology service line offers comprehensive specialty care for the entire spectrum of neurological conditions. Our teleNeurology program provides access to world-class neurologists with the expertise to support the full continuum of inpatient and outpatient care for facilities of any size.
With an Access TeleCare teleNeurology program, hospitals can:
- Deliver comprehensive stroke care: A stroke occurs every 40 seconds in the U.S. and nearly 800,000 are recorded every year. Access TeleCare’s teleNeurologists respond to all emergent consultation requests in under five minutes, delivering rapid diagnostic and therapeutic decisions and keeping more post-thrombolytic stroke patients in their local communities for care. Learn more.
- Increase case mix index: Our teleNeurologists provide a full spectrum of neurological care, with over 7,000 consultations every month. Access TeleCare’s teleNeurology program delivers everything from emergent stroke care to complex inpatient neurology care, including consultations for Parkinson’s, neuropathy, myelopathy, the management of seizures, and stroke follow-up care.
- Reduce patient transfers: Timely access to neurologists means hospitals can retain more patients as Access TeleCare’s expert neurologists guide care and identify patients who do not require a transfer. See how a recently launched program is helping one partner hospital meet its community’s care needs.
- Improve quality of care: By providing the full spectrum of neurological care where a teleNeurologist co-manages patients as part of a fully integrated telemedicine program, Access TeleCare is helping hospitals provide a full range of neurological care to improve outcomes through timely access to specialty neurological care. Learn more.
- Gain access to fast EEG interpretation: Access TeleCare’s teleNeurology programs deliver routine, non-continuous EEG interpretation within 24 hours of study transmission, helping patients receive the care they need faster.
- Receive teleNeurosurgery consultations: Many hospitals without a local neurosurgeon transfer patients unnecessarily, with one large study showing 57.5 percent of patients transferred for cranial neurosurgery do not actually require or receive neurosurgical intervention. Another study showed only 13 percent of acute spinal neurosurgical referrals underwent neurosurgical intervention. Access TeleCare’s teleNeurosurgeons consult with on-site treating clinicians to help hospitals effectively triage complex neurological conditions and appropriately reduce outbound transfers. Learn more.
With an Access TeleCare teleNeurology program, our partners have immediate access to world-class neurologists to diagnose, treat, and consult with on-site staff for stroke care and even the most complex neurological cases.
Discover how an Access TeleCare teleNeurology program can transform how your hospital delivers specialty care.